Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I Want....


I want to be loved.

"I have loved you with an everlasting love..." Jer. 31:3


I want someone to adore me.

"The King has brought me into His chambers to adore me." Song of Sol. 1:4


I want someone to hold my hand.

"I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Is. 41:10


I want to be accepted and valued.

" I am accepted in the Beloved." Eph. 1:6


I want a place, a nesting place that is my own to create and use.

"We can rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Ps. 91:1


I want help in my days of trouble.

"And call upon me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you." Ps. 50:15


I want to share my life-the joys and the struggles with one person.

"God will share with me the treasures of darkness and hidden riches. " Is 45:3


I want a champion of my causes- one who is willing to fight for me.

"The Lord will fight for you." Ex. 14:14


I want someone who will meet my needs.

"God is meeting all my needs." Phil. 4:19


I want intimacy.

"The Lord is intimate with the upright." Ps. 140:13


I want someone to help me in my life.

"There is no one like God who rides in the heavens to help you." Duet. 33:26


I want to walk through life sustained and carried. I don't want the whole load of life.

"Even to my old age, God will sustain me, carry me, and rescue me." Is. 46:4


I want children.

"God gives us spiritual children like the numberless grains of sand if we invest in lives." Is. 48:19


I want a companion for this life.

"God invites us to humbly walk with Him." Micah 6:8


Only He can meet the deepest needs of my heart. He is what I long for. Only God is enough.

3 comments:

  1. Amen sister. Well said. I want all those things too.. and thought I had them for 20 years of marriage.

    I thought wrong.

    Now wondering if I'll ever again have ANY of it.

    Almost would have rather to never have had it than to have been deceived for so long and wasting so much time. ::sigh:: Trying to keep praying about it.. but it's hard. Really, reallly hard some days.

    I was just wondering ravelry, somehow saw your profile and stopped in to browse.

    Considering the content of your post.. maybe it was meant to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh, yes :)

    and my friend brandon took that picture! it's a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep...I remember you told me about Brandon, so I looked him up! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete