Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Musings

These are a few random thoughts I've been mulling over for a while. They aren't connected. Maybe they are. I think there's a tiny thread that links them together. But maybe not.

I've always been a big advocate for change. Change is good. I hate getting stuck in a routine; I like to spice it up a little.

Memories are hard to erase. In fact, they are pretty much impossible to erase without starting life over again. And when everything you see, touch, smell, hear brings back a painful memory, it's time to make new ones. Or start life over again. Hm.

It's amazing the things that get accomplished under stress. Sometimes I amaze myself. I've gotten more done this past month than I have all summer. And the way your body gets used to daily stress, now that's odd.

"Where two or three are gathered in My name, I am there in the midst of them." This is talking about unity. Where there is no unity, He cannot manifest Himself in us. It doesn't necessarily refer to prayer. It's anything you set your hand or mind to that glorifies His name. And if it doesn't bring honor and glory to His name, I ask you to whose name does it bring?

It's not about me. Or you. It's about Him. The striving to be a better person and trying to become more holy is intensely selfish.

Now behold the Lamb! Born into sin that I may live again, He's the precious Lamb of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment