Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Thoughts


Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful.

No, I beat my body, and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy. I raised you up for this very purpose so that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. BUT WHO ARE YOU, O MAN, TO TALK BACK TO GOD?

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representaion of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word.

So do not throw away your confidence. It will be richly rewarded. You need to perservere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive that which He has promised.


(Scripture references: 1 Peter 3:4-5, 1 Cor. 9:27, Rom., 9:16-17 &20, Heb. 1:3, Heb. 10: 35-36, 1 John 4:16. All NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment