Pages

Monday, January 14, 2008

Podcasts

I love my podcasts. I knit certain projects with certain podcasts. For example, I listen to Kelley Petkun's Knit Picks Podcast while knitting an easy project such as a scarf. Then I listen to American Radio Works (NPR) super long, very educational show while working on an intricate project; in this case a lace and cabled shawl from Vogue. Then we have Carrie's Socks in the City while working on. . . well, socks! Another one I listen to (I'm a nerd) is CEO Exchange from NPR. They interview two CEO's from drastically different companies i.e. Estee Lauder and Sony. Very interesting! So I was listening to last weeks episode from American Radio Works called 'Design of Desire' , explaining tightwads and spendthrifts and and why Hollister, Co. is a 'tribe'. Go listen. . . they'll explain! Anyway, they talked about a lady named Rosemary, who, in effort to cure her tightwad-ness, (and also to create a piece of art with the bags she collected from each store) bought something from every single store in the Mall of America. She has a website and podcast called 'Rosemary Goes to the Mall'. All in all she spent well over $15,339.46 =) So I'm about to go download her first podcast; I'll let you know how the shopping trip goes! Here is a pic of her 'Wall of Mall':


Shop till you drop!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment