Pages

Monday, January 14, 2008

Jitterbug and Names


Look what I got today! It's from Vanessa's destash. Some lovely Colinette Jitterbug in the Castagna colorway. I have to say I'm so impressed. I've never worked with anything by Colinette; the dye work is so deep and rich and the twist is amazingly strong yet springy. I told myself I'd never get sock yarn that's 100% wool; I lied. This is 100% merino wool. Yummy. It does say on the label it can be machine washed, so we'll see.
Also, last night I cast on for those Citrine Socklets in IK's '07 gift issue. They are worked from the top down, sooooo, yuck. I'm a die hard toe-up person. Anyway I'm using some Lion Brand Microspun in PURPLE. Check out that skill. I was afraid it would be too dark to see the cables, but surprisingly it looks ok. I'll post some pics after I get the first sock done. I'm about to turn the heel.
Oh this is random. Last night I met this guy who's last name was Legg. He informed me he's going to name his children Peg and Bo. Get it?! Peg Legg and Bo Legg. Anyhoo, I thought it was hilarious. And he was dead serious. Mel and I used to talk about what we were going to name our kids. I've talked with some of my other friends and they have amazing names picked out! Here are some of my favorites and the top two are ones I actually do want to name my kids.

*Jubilee
*Hosanna
* Aoife (pronounced EE-feh) It's Irish; means "radiant"
*Selah
*Elsie
*River
*Raina
No boys names!
Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment