Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

{ viva la breakfast }

(photo taken at First Watch, a fantastic breakfast place)

Breakfast is not my favorite meal of the day. I usually skip breakfast, but I find when I do I'm even hungrier by lunch. As we all know, or if you don't know, hear this: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. When you skip breakfast, your brain and body is very low on fuel (protein and fiber). Naturally, you can't perform at work, school or home with low energy. Breakfast sets the tone for the rest of the day.

So eating just a little bit of protein or fiber is enough to make it to lunch. I usually just eat a banana, but more recently I've been making this fabulous granola that my dear friend sent me. I'll share it with you. It's very high in fiber. Here's to breakfast!


Stacy's Homemade Granola

10 cups oats

2 cups wheat or oat bran

2 cups shredded coconut (I use 1 c coconut & 1 c millet)

1 cup chopped nuts

1 cup flaxseed

1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup peanut butter

1/2 -1 cup honey

2 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. sea salt

1 tsp. cinnamon


Mix together all ingedients. Use hands to mix well, pressing clumps together. Pour into shallow pan, spreading evenly. Toast at 275 for 30-45 min. Stir occasionally.


Great with soy milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment