Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

{How Much Wood Would a Woodchuck Chuck}

A church nearby always holds this huge rummage sale at the beginning of the spring and fall season. It’s mostly clothes, but I occasionally find some hidden treasures. Like a couple years ago I happened upon a set of Denise Interchangeable needles, brand new! Granted it was not a complete set, but still. Two dollars? I’ll take it. So a couple weeks ago, we went, scrounged around and I came up with this ziplock bag full of random, unmarked yarn for $1. I bought it thinking I could always use scrap yarn for seaming or provisional casting on, etc.


This was no high class yarn. I saw some Jo-Ann’s acrylic, mohair and boucle, some aqua terry cotton, brown cotton (def. Sugar & Cream) and what looked like some grey and maroon Knit Picks Shine.
I almost tossed it out, thinking I’d only spent a whole $1 on it, but the, “Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without” part of me thought that surely something good could come out of this pile of rejects. That’s what I thought, “Rejects.” Poor little yarns. I rescued you from amongst the other rejects; I’ll make you into something pretty. Um, or at least something useful.
So. How many projects could I squeeze out?












No comments:

Post a Comment