Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Where, O where, has my focus gone?

Where, O where can it be?
If I could sum up 2011 with one word, for me, it would be 'focus'. My focus has shifted from one thing to another, back and forth, up and down; lost focus, regained focus and now steady focus. Things, people and ideals are all components of my focal shift. But they are not to blame.

My weak will is, revealing my increasing desperate need of a steadfast Savior. One who is full of Grace when I fall short. One who is unchanging when I am always changing. One who is Truth Himself when I am not true to myself. One who will never leave me alone, when I consistently leave Him. One who, "Hems me in-behind and before."

"For where can I go from Your Spirit? Where can I go from Your presence?"

His growing, abounding, unending Grace silences me.
When my focus rests on Him, He is full of compassion and abounding in Love. When my focus rests on Him, my desire to see His face grows deeper.

This year, I have found myself studying Heaven: the place where His glory dwells! Never had I such an intense longing for Heaven and things unseen!
To be in His presence; where all is made new. Where all longings and desires are fulfilled by Jesus Himself. To gaze upon His beauty.

Oh, my foolish heart.

Prone to wander, Lord I feel it! Prone to leave the God I love. Here's my heart! Lord, take and seal it: seal it for Thy courts above!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautifully written and so very true. Thanks for the good reminder, dear, to steady our focus on Jesus Christ!

    ReplyDelete