Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

{I Know}

This is how I know I love you.

I know I love you because I want to get you soup and green tea when you're sick. Not only do I want to get soup and green tea for you, I want to make soup and green tea for you out of love and lovely ingredients.

I know I love you because I want you to eat healthy foods even when you're not sick. I love you enough to tell you exactly why THAT is bad for you and THIS is better for you. And then I'll talk about it much longer than necessary because I want you to know I care what goes into your body.

I know I love you because I worry about the stuff people who love you worry about. Like the amount of sleep you're getting or how fast you drive (was he buckled up? I hope he doesn't text while driving) or if you're getting enough vitamin B. Also, whether or not you check your mailbox or eat real butter.

I know I love you because I want to listen to you talk. Really listen. Everything else can wait because you are special to me and what you say is important. It doesn't matter if we've already talked about it 18 times already, we'll talk about it 4 more times and that's ok because I want to know what's on your mind and on your heart. Your thoughts are important and I value them.

I know I love you because I'm proud of you. Not just proud, but heart-swelling, full out grin on my face proud. Like, "That's MY man. That's who he is and what he does and how he lives." I am proud to stand with you, proud to walk alongside you.  Proud to be known to be with you. Proud to point across the room at you and say,"That's him." And not even try to wipe the smile off of my face.

I know I love you because I can't imagine spending life without you. I can't imagine not holding hands the way we do, or saying, "Ciao, baby" instead of goodbye.  I love you because you are the man of my dreams and I want to be by your side always.

This, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment