Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Home Alone

Things you do while your husband is out of town:

Turn the oven on auto-clean and then go try on every article of clothing in the closet to see what fits and what doesn't look right anymore. Closet clean, oven clean. And three bags of clothes off to Goodwill!

Sleep with ALL THE PILLOWS. On a bed of pillow-y softness. With all the pillows. Like a cloud. (Heaven)

Count how many Kroger bags you have stashed away under the sink (73) and discover now would be a good as time as any to start making plarn! (eh?....plastic yarn!)


Last week, on our evening walk through the neighborhood, I told Matt that I'm going to knit a rug out of brown plastic bags and he wanted to know what on earth was wrong the new rug we got for the living room.
Me: Um, nothing at all.
Him: Then why KNIT a rug?
Me: Because I can!!

And this is the rug I plan to knit right here
P.S. I'm also planning this for old sheets, too. 

So here I am, sorting and counting bags all over the living room floor. We normally just save these back for lining the wastebaskets in the bathrooms, but hey they are OVERFLOWING out from under my kitchen sink.


I'm keeping the white bags for liners and just using the brown Kroger bags for uniformity.


Halfway through cutting, I got hungry and ordered a salad and pepper calzone (because that's something else you do when home alone and don't feel like cooking!)

Here is my process:

Smooth


Fold


Cut off tops and bottoms


Chop, chop, chop. 


Fill up a bag with about 5 million little nubs


Then dump it out all over the perfectly good living room rug and start piecing the strands together. 


Obviously, I want to finish the rug before he gets back, so 'scuse me whilst I work on this :)





No comments:

Post a Comment