Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

wuv, true wuv

Love birds we are!

I'll spare you the mushiness, but Mr. B is my one true love and I prayed HARD for a man like him! I am very thankful for the sweet husband he is. 

We got some cozy winter photos taken last week with a local photographer and I love how they turned out! I was able to wear my sweater that I had been working on and I think it added a nice pop of color. I also made the headband and the cowl. 














I also wanted to share a little project I'm working on for Mr. B for a Valentine's Day gift.

Shortly after we got married, I would text him the kissy-face emoji and say, "Kisses from your Mrs!" (Any excuse to use my new title as a Mrs!) So that became a thing and I was so excited to run across this printable that I found on Pinterest!






































I found a manly looking jar at Target (it looks like a Yankee Candle Woodwick jar) and filled it up with Hershey's Kisses (dark chocolate; his favorite!)

 



And done! I think it'll look great on his desk, plus I made sure he could take the tag off if he wanted and use the jar for something else.

And this bread is on the menu for Valentine weekend!







































Sweet Soft Cherry Bread with Almond Glaze for V-day.

Do you know how long it took me to find maraschino cherries in the grocery store?  Embarrassingly long. I started running into the same people multiple times. The dang cherries are not located where one would think.

Canned fruit aisle. Nope.
Uhmmm, maybe next to the ice cream? haha, no.
Ok, are they where the syrups and spreads live? Try again.
MAYBE THEY COME REFRIGERATED! No, Lauren, they don't come refrigerated.

You want to know where the maraschino cherries are hiding out? I'll tell you where they are, they are on the top shelf in the baking aisle, squeezed in between the nuts and the olive oil. Because that makes total sense to me! (NO.)

But anyway, this recipe looks so yummy and I think it's be great not only for Valentine's Day but also for a baby girl shower or a Mother's Day brunch!

Y'all have any Valentine plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment