Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

{Good Eatin'}

This is one of our family's favorite soups I thought I'd share! My friend gave it to me years ago when I was trying to think up something to do with cabbage. We aren't big cabbage eaters except during the New Year when we go to Grandmas house for cabbage rolls. I usually serve this soup with cornbread, but a good crusty loaf of Italian bread would taste just as good! Enjoy!



Hearty Italian Soup















2 14.5 oz cans beef broth
2 Cups shredded cabbage
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (or fresh)
3 potatoes, cubed
2 yellow peppers, chopped
1 Cup carrots, copped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 snipped fresh parsley
1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 15 oz can white beans
optional: 1 1/2 cup chopped cooked beef or chicken

In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to boil, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

1 comment:

  1. It's so funny that I would read this post today! We're having a slightly altered version for supper tonight :) I love Italian soup...

    ReplyDelete