Pages

Friday, December 26, 2014

My New Mantra

I can't really say I'm one for New Year's Resolutions. But I do have one for this year. Actually, I started thinking about changes I wanted to make back in November and mulled over it for quite a bit before I decided to go through with it. And by the time I got all of my thoughts together, my lists written and a ton of research in, the timing just seemed right to start in January.

You'll get the picture over the next few weeks of what I'm actually going to do, but here's my new mantra:

My Body is a Temple: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Healthy Spirit.




I am printing this poster out and framing it, posting it on the refrigerator, writing it in lipstick on the bathroom mirror and tattooing it to my forehead. Well, probably just printing and framing. (Hey, you want one, too? Click here for a free printable!)

So here is my overview:

Healthy Body

  • exercising for real (Phase 1: yoga/Zumba, Phase 2: running.)
  • integrating organic foods into our diet (Phase 1: adjusting our grocery list, join a Farm to Table organization, Phase 2: start a small garden.)
  • eliminating toxins in the home (Phase 1: use of oils and plants, Phase 2: use of salt lamps and homemade cleaners)


Healthy Mind
  • strengthen the mind 
  • expand the mind
  • sharpen the mind
Healthy Spirit
  • personal Bible study
  • less screen time
  • friends: toxic or no?

I think this will also help me to focus in on writing more on the blog, so please, ask me questions, keep me in line!

Wanna join me in a healthier new year? Let me know the changes you are making in your life!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to read your healthy living posts!! This will be so encouraging! :)

    ReplyDelete